Frequently Asked Questions
The below FAQs are common questions we get from customers. For more clarification or if you have any other questions – please give us a call and we would be happy to answer all of your questions.
Why should I attend one of the dog training programs through ISCDT?
Another problem was cost. No one should miss out on learning a new craft because of tuition. Therefore, we offer courses that equally prepare you to train dogs and satisfy every budget.
What will I learn while taking your Course?
ISCDT covers the different training methods and theories of dog training so after you graduate, not only are you are ready to train dogs, you will possess the ability to explain the process to dog owners. In addition, we help you motivate dogs and their owners and provide solutions to common problems that often arise. Our course provides the tools you need to prevent your clients from getting “stuck” while training.
To ensure you are prepared to work with canines as a professional dog trainer, ISCDT students must successfully complete arduous assignments in order to graduate from the program and earn the title of a Certified Dog Trainer. Some of the material covered in the online program includes:
- Classical and Operant Conditioning
- Stages of Learning
- Tools of the Trade
- Exploring Various Training Methods
- Detailed instructions for teaching commands
- Solving Puppy issues
- Training puppies
- Four Quadrants of dog training
- Elucidating and unravelling various Behavioral issues
- Turning Frustration into Success Motivation
Breeds and Characteristics
- Proper Leash handling
- Starting your own business
- Intro to Aggressive Behavior
What Programs are offered through ISCDT, LLC?
We currently offer three programs for people interested in learning the craft of dog training, as well as those wanting to expand their knowledge. Each program affords the student the opportunity to work with animals under the guidance of one of our Certified Dog Trainers.
- The online dog training program consists of eighteen interactive lessons where students are required to pass weekly written exams and provide video diaries of their work with dogs. During the course of study, students have access to their mentors through email and video chat. We encourage students to volunteer with rescues or animal shelters so they have access to different types of dogs and various issues. In addition, students receive six-months access to a private social media page where they will receive training tips and can communicate with ISCDT staff. Qualified students will receive a diploma and earn the title of a Certified Dog Trainer –Comprehension (CDT-C).
- The Two-week Interactive Program consists of the online dog training program, plus, you will spend two weeks in New York and work one-on-one with our trainers. Learn from the best, see how to create your own successful dog training business and get much needed hands-on experience. Graduates will gain access to our social media page where they will receive training tips and may communicate with ISCDT staff members for one year. Qualified students will receive a diploma and earn the title of a Certified Dog Trainer, Skilled Comprehension (CDT-SC).
- The Four- Month Interactive Program consists of the online dog training program, plus students will come to New York and receive four months of hands-on training from our experienced trainers. Students will work one-on-one with their mentor as they demonstrate on real cases, they will learn how to speak with clients so they understand the methods and concepts, evaluate a potential client, problem solve dog behavior and modify behavior. You will have access to the evaluation process and documents that we use with our own clients. Students view our software and see how we operate. This course will significantly speed up your ability to start your business when you are finished. Graduates will gain lifetime access to our private social media page where they will receive training tips and continued interaction with ISCDT staff . Qualified students will receive an Advanced diploma and earn the title Certified Dog Trainer, Proficient Skill & Comprehension (CDT-PSC).
How long does it take students to complete the course?
Full-time students can complete the online course in as little as eighteen weeks. Learning the craft of dog training takes time and patience. We suggest students take their time completing the course. In order to master a skill, you must work with several different dogs and solve various obedience problems. Therefore, while it will not take twelve months to complete the course, we do allow students a full year to master this skill.
Students enrolled in the hands-on programs may decide to complete the written course before working with their mentors or they may study the course in conjunction with the hands-on work.
What happens if I need assistance through the course?
When are the registration dates for classes?
You can e-mail ISCDT at email@example.com regarding the course and enrollment.
Stop dreaming about the future and start living it with ISCDT!
We look forward to meeting you!